Surrounded by lakes, rivers and cool flowing mountain streams, Eureka Springs top summer attraction is the great outdoors. With activities that range from easy to strenuous, there is an outdoor activity for everyone. Here are some ideas to enjoy your summer in the Ozark Mountains around Eureka Springs, Arkansas.
Explore Eureka Springs
- Adventure is waiting just outside your door. Find dozens of natural springs, pocket parks, lakes and rivers right in Eureka Springs.
- Take a self guided walking tour of downtown Eureka Springs where Victorian buildings are nestled into the tree covered hillsides and surrounded by natural stone walls. Learn more about Downtown Eureka Springs.
- Rent a old fashioned paddleboat at Lake Leatherwood and swim under the historic CCC swim platform.
Arkansas Art Trail
- Walk along Crystal Spring, Orchard or one of other five manicured trails that lead to the nation’s newest art museum, Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art. The Art Trail takes you on an outdoor journey to discover American sculpture.
- Take photos in front of breathtaking vistas, walk across historic bridges and see works of art inspired by nature on the Arkansas Art Trail.
Buffalo National River
- Celebrate your American heritage with a visit to America’s First National River, the Buffalo National River or Pea Ridge National Military Park. Hike, float and see wild elk graze in the Buffalo River National Park Region. Drive, hike or bike the paved path through Pea Ridge.