Eureka Springs gets creative with a month long celebration of the arts. The Eureka Springs is a playground for the senses in May with music, visual art, parades, culinary treats and more. Here are five highlights to get you started:
1. Tasteful art: Discover culinary works of art in Eureka Springs restaurants. See tasteful works of art by local artists displayed in many of the city’s fine restaurants. (Check out DeVito’s and Grand Central Hotel’s Grand Tavern in Downtown Eureka Springs.) Art inspired dishes and wine tastings bring new meaning to term ‘art appreciation.’
2. Strolling for inspiration: If a walk through the curving streets framed with fanciful architecture isn’t inspiring enough then May’s gallery strolls, a downtown art fair or a trip to the famous White Street Walk might do the trick. Don’t miss the unveiling of Eureka Springs Art Park and the Creative Energy Project (Get more details on May Festival of the Arts Events.)
3. DIY art: Unlock your creativity with art workshops lead by Eureka Springs artists. Eureka Springs School of the Arts offers classes in fused glass, metal sculpting, digital photography, acrylic painting and more.
4. A flair for the dramatic: Attend the premier of Eureka Springs’ Southwind Stage. Treat mom to a Variety Show Eureka style on her special day. (Call 479.253.7644 for info.) Don’t miss the signature event that Eureka is known for…the Artrageous Parade in Downtown Eureka Springs.
5. Shades of Blue: Enjoy the blues with the Eureka Springs Blues Weekend. Top notch blues musicians perform at venues throughout Eureka Springs. (Reserve your tickets now on ReserveEureka.com. Individual tickets and passes are available.)
Make reservations to visit Eureka Springs in May. Eureka Springs lodging offers special vacation packages. (Worried about parking? Stay close to the fun. Best Western Eureka Inn is conveniently located at the entrance to downtown Eureka Springs. Want to be close to the music? Consider staying at the 1905 Basin Park Hotel, one of the venues for the Blues. Looking for something a little more intimate? Angel at Rose Hall or one of the beautiful Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfasts offer touches you just won’t find in a hotel.)
For a full list of May events, visit the Official Eureka Springs Calendar of Events. Visit May Festival of the Arts for details and a schedule of special May art events. Meet Eureka Springs artist Zeek Taylor on Eureka Springs Channel. Eureka Springs Channel is a great way to learn more about Eureka Springs locals with live broadcasts every week!
Staying more than a day? Take a scenic drive along the Arkansas Art Trail to see Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in nearby Bentonville, AR.