Surrounded by lakes, rivers and cool flowing mountain streams, Eureka Springs top summer attraction is the great outdoors. With activities that range from easy to strenuous, there is an outdoor activity for everyone. Adventure is waiting just outside your door. Find dozens of natural springs, pocket parks, lakes and rivers right in Eureka Springs.
Here are some ideas to enjoy your summer in Eureka Springs.
- Celebrate your American heritage with a visit to America’s First National River, the Buffalo National River or Pea Ridge National Military Park. Hike, float and see wild elk graze in the Buffalo River National Park Region. Drive, hike or bike the paved path through Pea Ridge.
- Take photos in front of breathtaking vistas, walk across historic bridges and see works of art inspired by nature on the Arkansas Art Trail.
- Take a self guided walking tour of downtown Eureka Springs where Victorian buildings are nestled into the tree covered hillsides and surrounded by natural stone walls. Learn more about Downtown Eureka Springs. Relax around the pool at Best Western Eureka Inn, at the entrance to Downtown.
- Jam to some music in Basin Spring Park. Learn about other great Eureka Springs events happening this summer.
Rent a old fashioned paddleboat at Lake Leatherwood and swim under the historic CCC swim platform.
- Take a cruise on Beaver Lake to see Beaver Dam on the Belle of the Ozarks.
- Cook out on the grill, hang out near the water and even stay overnight in a rustic cabin overlooking beautiful Inspiration Point at Can-U-Canoe. Reserve an exclusive Cottage at Crescent Park and sit out on your private deck overlooking the treetops. See more Eureka Springs cabins. See more Eureka Springs mountaintop resorts, bed and breakfasts, motels and other Eureka Springs lodging. Find great deals on lodging at ReserveEureka.com.
- Rent a boat from Holiday Island Marina and ski or swim on Table Rock Lake.